Nov 6 2020
We are very sorry to announce that our long-time friend and colleague, Neal Viemeister, passed away earlier this week. Neal was part of the ASA’s P&P family for over 50 years, having published his first paper in JASA in 1972, and being awarded the ASA Silver Medal in Psychological and Physiological Acoustics in 2001. Neal spent his entire faculty career at the University of Minnesota, where he was a professor in the Psychology Department and a prominent member of Minnesota’s auditory research community. Since his retirement, Neal and his wife Ginny had enjoyed a new occupation as warm and popular hosts of a beautiful Bed & Breakfast inn in Donegal, Ireland. Our heartfelt condolences go out to Ginny and his daughter and granddaughter, Katie and Grace.
Andrew Oxenham & Peggy Nelson
- The Task Force on Remote Testing has created a wiki that is now live! http://www.spatialhearing.org/remotetesting
- Sign up for the P&P Virtual Journal Club! https://tcppasa.org/journal-club/
- The ASA’s first virtual meeting “Acoustics Virtually Everywhere” will be held December 7-11 2020. See https://acousticalsociety.org/asa-meetings/
- The 2020 ASA Gold Medal will be awarded to Judy R. Dubno. Congratulations Judy!
- The 2020 William and Christine Hartmann Prize in Auditory Neuroscience will be awarded to Edwin R. Rubel. Congratulations Ed!