The Technical Committee on Psychological and Physiological Acoustics is concerned with the investigation and the dissemination of information about psychological and physiological responses to sound in humans and other species. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Perception and perceptual organization of simple and complex sounds, including speech
- Anatomy and function of the auditory pathways, including all physical and biological responses to auditory stimulation
- Hearing disorders, hearing loss, and auditory prostheses
- Vibrotactile and vestibular sensation, and the interaction of hearing with other sensory modalities
- Developmental, aging, learning and plasticity effects in auditory function
- Theories and models of auditory processes
- The May Meeting has been rescheduled to December 8-12, in Chicago, Illinois.
- The December Meeting in Cancun has been cancelled.
- The Technical Committee meeting normally held at the Spring Meeting will be held virtually on May 13 (Wednesday) at 4pm Eastern.