The Technical Committee on Psychological and Physiological Acoustics is concerned with the investigation and the dissemination of information about psychological and physiological responses to sound in humans and other species. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Perception and perceptual organization of simple and complex sounds, including speech
- Anatomy and function of the auditory pathways, including all physical and biological responses to auditory stimulation
- Hearing disorders, hearing loss, and auditory prostheses
- Vibrotactile and vestibular sensation, and the interaction of hearing with other sensory modalities
- Developmental, aging, learning and plasticity effects in auditory function
- Theories and models of auditory processes
CONGRATULATIONS TO PPTC AWARDEES AT MINNEAPOLIS!
William Yost awarded the Gold Medal
David Kemp awarded the von Bekesy Medal
Shihab Shamma awarded the Hartmann Prize in Auditory Neuroscience
Lynne Werner awarded the Student Council Mentor Award
New Fellows of ASA!
Vice President-Elect: Peggy B. Nelson
Member of the Executive Council: Brian C.J. Moore
Congratulations to the newly elected TC Members!
2019-2022 (term starts after Louisville)
G. Christopher Stecker